Rich Ranch Special Events
Photography Workshop Weekend
May 12 - 15, 2017
Come experience and photograph Montana’s Blackfoot/Clearwater Valley in all of its springtime beauty. Enjoy a weekend getaway in a rural country ranch setting with camera in hand. Capture the essence of pristine outdoor landscapes and rural western lifestyles. Our own noted photographer Heather Layman will share with you her secrets for taking that perfect photo. Package includes enrollment in the photo workshop, cabin lodging, all meals, horseback riding, use of ranch amenities and the opportunity to relax, enjoy and capture in photographs a genuine and authentic Montana working horse/guest ranch.
- Friday Check-In:
- Arrive in Seeley Lake at the Rich Ranch for check-in and orientation. Gather for dinner, and afterward, head out for a vehicle tour to capture a sunset or wildlife.
- Saturday and Sunday:
- We will meet early in the morning in order to capture the sunrise and spend the morning photographing various landscapes. In the afternoon, we will gather for a short instructional session at the lodge before heading out for our afternoon horseback ride and evening shoot. The workshop will end on Monday morning check out.
- Free-lance time around the ranch, breakfast, and check-out.
During each afternoon session, we will cover a variety of topics. We will begin with image critiquing and discuss professional techniques for composition, lighting, and exposure. Next, we will cover editing and workflow management with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, taking you through the entire process from capture to print.
Cedar/log cabin in western decor with king or queen bed and private bath. Each room has a propane fireplace, refrigerator, coffee maker, TV for movie viewing and sliding glass door that open onto a covered deck. Wholesome well-balanced meals are prepared and served at the main lodge.
Pricing and Additional Info
- Group Size:
- up to 10 participants
- Photo Workshop with all-inclusive 3 day guest ranch stay – $995
- Photo Workshop only - $300
For more on Heather Layman and her photography, click here to visit her "Cowgirl Ramblings" Blog.
Alpine Artisan's "Painting for a Dream"
May 27 - 28, 2017
The annual "Painting for a Dream" weekend workshop returns again to Rich's Montana Guest Ranch, this time featuring batik, watercolor, and silk painter, Montana-native Julie Wulf. Workshops are for all ranges of artist from novice to professional. Classes are from 9 - 4 daily and lunch is included. Lodging is available at the ranch.